Montefiore Nyack Hospital realizes how important it is for our patients to receive visitors during their hospitalization. In order to encourage a safe and healing environment, we will request a photo identification for all visitors and ask that you follow these general guidelines for visitation:
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Intermediate Care Units
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Units
- One parent or grandparent may stay overnight.
- Father or significant other anytime.
- Other family members and visitors: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Visiting is only permitted after delivery.
Other Visiting Hours:
Intensive Care Nursery
24-hour visitation, except:
7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Visiting times are made at the discretion of the program and/or clinical director.
Behavioral Health Center
Visiting Hours Daily:
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Visiting may be limited to 1/2 hour depending on volume of Visitors
Family Group Sundays 2:00 p.m.
- Other visiting restrictions may be requested by the attending physician, the patient, or the patient’s family. The head/charge nurse may request visitors to leave, in the event that the presence of the visitor is disruptive to the therapeutic environment of the patient being visited or to other patients on the unit. Security should be contacted for assistance as needed.
- If visitation is restricted as part of the patient’s treatment regimen, clinical justification of such restriction will be explained to the patient/family, and to the extent possible, determined with their participation.
- All patient visitors will be required to obtain a visitor’s pass from the Information Desk Receptionist in the Main Lobby. Non-patient visitors must present to the Security Department for assistance.
- All visitors must practice hand hygiene by using hand sanitizer or washing their hands with soap and water before entering the patient's room. Hand sanitizer dispensers are located outside of all patient rooms and throughout the Hospital.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, or age. Montefiore Nyack Hospital does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, or age.