Montefiore Nyack Hospital's Diabetes Education Program is designed for individuals affected by Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational Diabetes, as well as parents of children with diabetes. Depending on your individuals needs, we provide both individual and group counseling sessions where participants learn the steps they can take to successfully manage diabetes, avoid complications, and live as healthy a lifestyle as possible. We are proud that our program is accredited by the Association of Diabetes Educators.
Our Program covers a range of topics that can help you stay informed and as healthy as possible, including:
- What is Diabetes?
- Diabetes Medications
- Insulin Administration
- Insulin Pump Training
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Nutritional Counseling
- Mental Health and Stress Management
- Coping with Acute and Chronic Complications
These are just some of the comments we’ve received from individuals who have participated in our Program:
- “Excellent Program.”
- “Very helpful.”
- “A great service to our community.”
- “All the instructors were outstanding.”
- “The instructors… had a “can do” attitude and they helped us celebrate our individual successes.”