- 30.3 million people in the United States have diabetes.
- 84.1 million adults, mor ehtan 1 in 3, have prediabetes, which raises a person's risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non-traumatic limb amputations, and new cases of blindness in the Unites States.
- Diabetes is a major cause of heart disease and stroke.
- Diabetes is the seventh leading cause of death in the United States.
Signs and Symptoms
- Unusual thirst and hunger
- Blurred vision
- Frequent urination
- Frequent infections
- Non-healing wounds.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please be sure to tell your health care provider right away.
Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes Include
- A family history of diabetes
- A history of gestational diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Being overweight
- Cardiovascular disease
- Lack of physical exercise