Our Seven Goals of Nursing
In addition to our Philosophy of Care, our Nursing Department has seven goals that guide their daily work. Our nurses are committed to:
- Caring for patients with acute and chronic illnesses; facilitating discharge planning; providing palliative care; and offering patient education; illness prevention services, and health maintenance care.
- Providing comprehensive care that considers the patient’s social, emotional, cultural, and physical needs.
- Ensuring optimal patient care through objective, systematic monitoring, established standards, and criteria-based evaluations.
- Ongoing investigation of theories and implementation of techniques designed to improve patient care.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining top-quality nurses and providing robust learning experiences for nursing students.
- Creating and maintaining a progressive environment that fosters creativity, encourages personal and professional growth, and displays the performance of service standards.
- Ensuring that the competency of all staff is assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and continually improved.