COVID-19 Visiting Guidelines
Updated April 4, 2020
The New York State Department of Health has mandated that all hospital visitations be suspended except when medically necessary.
The following exceptions apply:
- Labor and Delivery – one partner may accompany the patient for the delivery, but will be asked to leave when the mother transfers to the maternity unit. No visitors are allowed in the Maternity Unit.
- Pediatric Unit – one visitor may accompany the child
- Those requiring assistance to be seen in an ambulatory setting or coming in for surgery may be accompanied by one visitor
- At discharge, one visitor may come to assist in discharge
- Emergency Department, one visitor is allowed only for patient’s requiring assistance
*All visitors will be required to wear a mask.
Any permitted visitor must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at entrances and will have their temperature checked. If any visitor displays symptoms or has a fever above 100.0 degrees F, they will be asked to leave and it will be recommended that they go home. We appreciate your understanding as we work together with our community to keep our most vulnerable members safe during this public health situation.
Visitation is never denied based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, or disability.